Welcome to All in One Bonsa

Bitten by the Bug


Welcome to All in One Bonsai...a blog that aims to remind me of what I have forgotten. Over the years I have been finding out as much as I can about the art of bonsai. I hope the information in this blog will shed some light to the beginning bonsai enthusiast out there.


I saw some bonsai trees at a corner market one night in Taipei and asked the guy if he was willing to teach me how to create these miniature trees. He directed me to a night school where all the instruction was in Chinese. My Chinese ability is very ordinary at the least so although I was learning bits and pieces, I really wasn't getting all I wanted from the course. The best parts were when the teacher would start pruning a beautiful tree or when he showed us how to repot a bonsai. The mystery was still out there but my interest wasn't waning, if anything it fueled my motivation to find out more. And so I did.


Let the adventure begin...


Recently I have discovered the joy of pottery. Bonsai and pottery are close friends so it was only a matter of time before I was introduced to her. Welcome to All in One Bonsai...and pottery.


Feel free to visit my site where you can purchase some of my handmade pottery. Quite a few pieces have been wood fired as it is the prefered method here in Taiwan:


Esty Shop: AllinoneCeramics




Wednesday 30 July 2014

Home Made

Upgrade

Recently I was able to find the time and repot two trees into some bonsai pots that I made last year.  It was satisfying being able to put them to good use.  I hope the trees are happy in their new upgraded abode.  

A Taiwanese Juniper settling in.  I tried making the pot look as old as possible.

The pot is quite deep for such a thin trunk but it still kind of works for the time being.  In the future I may have to find a tree with a thicker trunk to be placed in this pot.

A Taiwanese ginger tree.

Hope you enjoyed these new pots.  Go on, try and make some yourself.  It will give you a buzz.

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that these are your own pots that you are using now. Do you make the pots with a specific tree in mind, or do you find a tree that matches the pot you have just made? Or neither!
    How do you get this aged patina on the pots you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh! I just re-read your post and realised they are your own pots!

    ReplyDelete